This is a 4 hour course.
The Responsible R's of Property Management
This course is made up of 5 parts. Once you have completed reading a section and passed the multiple choice test, you will then be able to move onto the next part. Once you have completed all 5 parts of the course, you will receive your completion certificate.
There are many “responsible R’s” when working in a rental department ranging from knowing your rights, responsibilities, regulations and risk.
Some of the “Responsible R’s” that are discussed in this unit are:
- Requirements of the rental department
- Role and responsibilities of a property portfolio manager
- Recruitment of a Property Manager
- Reputation of the Rental Department
- Reviews to Referrals (How to build a rent role)
- Rejecting a rental application
- Reference checking & screening tenants
- Responsible pet owners
- Rewarding good tenants
- Rude and difficult clients and customers
- Resolving disputes and managing conflict
- Residential Condition Report
- Routine inspections
- Reasonable wear and tear versus damage
- Repairs and maintenance (who is responsible)
- Reliable “tradies”
- Recovery of a debt above the bond
- Risks and dangerous situations
- Residential Tenancy Commissioner & the Residential Deposit Authority
Please note the course content does not include the emergency changes to the Residential Tenancy Act due to Covid-19. Please visit https://www.cbos.tas.gov.au/topics/housing/residential-tenancies-covid-19-emergency-provisions for information.
PAB CPD Code: EP1352 4 Points