The Real Estate Institute of Australia is the national body based in Canberra that represents the interests of all state and territory real estate institutes, and their members.
The Real Estate Institute of Tasmania (REIT) is a member of the REIA.
The following is a summary of some of the key issues that are currently being addressed by the REIA on behalf of all members:
- Review of all state and federal taxes impacting directly and indirectly on the real estate profession (for example stamp duty and land tax) in order to improve housing affordability
- Lobbying Government members on all national issues of concern, eg valuation process under Privacy Act, and guidelines for tenancy databases
- Development of consistent national education standards and licensing
- Development of a national property data collection service via the Internet for agents and Institute publications
- Introduction of national industry awards
- Property industry issues (for example GST advertising prices)
- Anti-money laundering legislation
- REIA Code of Conduct
The REIA also has a comprehensive website.