Gain practical experience while completing a formal qualification
Whether you're starting out in real estate, wanting to improve your skills, looking for a career change, or an agency looking for trainee opportunities, a traineeship has something to offer you.
What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is a Commonwealth funded structured program of training designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills to effectively perform their job. Upon completion, trainees receive a nationally recognised qualification. A real estate traineeship is generally 24 months in duration and has been created specifically for the real estate profession. You can be assured of quality training, which meets current legislative and best practice requirements preparing you for a successful real estate career.
Which Traineeships are available through the REIT?
- Certificate III in Real Estate Practice CPP31519, suitable for front of house or support person
- Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice CPP41419, with different streams for Property Management, Sales, Auctioneers and Office Administrators.
Who is eligible?
The criteria for eligibility or Government employer incentives, varies by individual and qualification. We recommend you contact your local Australian Apprenticeship Centre to discuss eligibility.
Benefits to Trainee
- Nationally recognised qualification that will enhance your current and future career prospects
- Earn an income whilst training
- Gain real life experience whilst learning
- Government funding may be available to eligible candidates to assist with course fees
- Excellent prospects for continuing employment
- Comprehensive training by industry professionals
Benefits to Employer
- Employers select their own trainee
- Government incentives may be available for some employers to assist with training costs
- The organisation benefits by having well trained, productive staff members with increased profitability the ultimate goal
- Your staff will be trained by industry specialists in best practice, legislation and practical skills
What does an Employer need to provide to a Trainee?
An employer is required to provide the following:
- The opportunity to develop key skills and acquire relevant knowledge of the industry
- Access to structured on and/or off the job training
- Time at work to undertake structured training
- Time off work to complete assessments
- A safe working environment
- Other benefits as specified in the traineeship agreement
For further information and to enrol into the Certificate III please To enrol click here
For further information and to enrol into the Certificate IV please To enrol click here
Contact the REIT Training Department by phoning (03) 6223-4769 or e-mail email@example.com