The purpose of this Unit is to enable you to develop an understanding of the Property Agents and Land Transactions Act 2016 (“the Act”) Property Agents and Land Transactions Regulations 2017 (“the Regulations”) and Code of Conduct and how this legislation effects real estate transactions.
Despite the competencies developed during this unit, a person working in this industry is not permitted, under the provisions of the Property Agents and Land Transactions Act 2016, to provide a client or customer with information about property unless the person is appropriately licensed.
Specific Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this Unit, you will be able to:
- Understand how to look up sections of the Act, a Regulation or Rule in the Code of Conduct.
- Identify how this legislation applies to real estate and action practice.
- Identify how this legislation applies to individuals within the property industry.
- Understand how this legislation applies in the broader community.
These notes must be read in conjunction with the Property Agents and Land Transactions Act 2016, the Property Agents and Land Transactions Regulations 2017 and the Code of Conduct.
- Learners must have a basic level of computer skills and knowledge
- Learners must have access to a PC computer and internet
- The assignment is to be submitted online
All legislation in Tasmania can be accessed via the Tasmanian legislation Online website. www.thelaw.tas.gov.au