To apply for a general auctioneer licence the Property Agents Board specify you must:
Be able to satisfy the Board by examination or inquiry, that you have sufficient knowledge and experience of general auctioneering business to be able to carry on that business:
Have completed the following compulsory units:
- CPPREP5001 Manage compliance in the property industry
- CPPREP5002 Establish and monitor property industry trust account management practices
- CPPREP5003 Manage ethical practice in the property industry
- CPPREP4505 Value goods, chattels, plant and equipment
- CPPREP4509 Auction goods, chattels or equipment
as per the Property Agents Boards website http://www.propertyagentsboard.com.au/qualifications.html
The REIT offer the General Auctioneering training program online; complete the required units to satisfy the Property Agents Board’s requirements to be a licenced General Auctioneer.
There are no formal pre-requisites to complete the General Auctioneer Program, however REIT discloses the following as pre-requisites to complete the training program:
- An intermediate level of computer skills and knowledge
- Access to a computer and internet
- An Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- An Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) 3/4 level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN)
- Candidates must be 16 years or older at time of enrolment
REIT conducts all training and assessment in plain English, via an online platform. Learners are required to participate in training and complete all assessments in plain English.
* Please contact the REIT Training Department if you would like to complete the REIT Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to enrolment.
There are 2 assessments which comprise of a multiple-choice quiz, learning activity workbook, assessment, and a workplace skills situation.
The REIT will issue you with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units in the course once:
- You are deemed competent in all your assessments
- Complete an interview with a Trainer where you will be verbally assessed via telephone on the contents of the course
|General Auctioneer Program
|Compliance & Ethics Cluster
- CPPREP5001 Manage compliance in the property industry *
- CPPREP5002 Establish and monitor property industry trust account management practices *
- CPPREP5003 Manage ethical practice in the property industry *
|Auction Chattels Cluster
- CPPREP4505 Value goods, chattels, plant and equipment **
- CPPREP4509 Auction goods, chattels or equipment **
* These units form part of the CPP51119 Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) qualification.
** These units form part of the CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice qualification. If you choose to complete the assessments, these units are assessed at a nationally recognised level that includes the completion of an Assessment, Learning Activity Workbook and a Workplace Skills Situation. See the Learner Handbook under Student Information and Policies for further information.
Candidates will be required to access their course resources via their REIT’s training hub account.
Online Learning: $1500
The General Auctioneer program is offered online for a fee of $1500
All online learning program requirements must be completed within 6 months of course enrolment, with no refund available once purchased. Please be aware that the online learning version of the course is entirely self-paced, and that it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that all course requirements are completed within the six-month time frame. Typically, you can expect to spend a total of 310 hours reading the study material and completing the assessments, however this may vary from candidate to candidate.
Assistance from tutors is available for online learning candidates at an additional cost. The cost for tutoring is $88 (including GST) per hour or part thereof (a minimum 1hr charge). Candidates requiring tutoring will need to make an appointment through the REIT by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrol in the Online course now
Prior to enrolment you must ensure that you read and understand all the additional documents relating to your enrolment with the REIT. It's a learner’s responsibility to understand the requirements of the program prior to enrolling.
Once enrolled please allow 5 business days for an REIT Training Team member to contact you.
Please contact the REIT Training Department by email email@example.com or by phoning: 03 6223 4769 if you require any further information prior to enrolling.